Come to enjoy the magnificent beaches of Saint Palais Sur Mer in Charente Maritime very close to Royan, lie down on the soft sand to tan, savour your bathing in the sea while admiring the lighthouse of cordouan and the splendid squares .
As a couple or family, take the buckets, shovels and snowshoes for the children, pick up the shells during high tides, go fishing on foot ,and for the more sporty come surf the waves or sail.
Stroll along the beaches by taking the path of the customs officers or the cycle paths.
You can also stop on the terraces of the bars and restaurant enjoying an enchanting view of the sea, and the delicious climate of the Charente Maritime.
Saint Palais sur Mer, it’s 5 beaches
to the delight of the campers!
● La plage du Bureau : In the very centre of Saint Palais Sur Mer a pretty 250 m fine sandy beach in the shape of a conch, with a magnificent view over the Cordouan lighthouse and the beautiful period villas. You can sunbathe or stroll on the terraces of cafés and restaurants or visit the shops. the beach is supervised in summer, and many animations are proposed for all the family.
● Nauzan beach: The meeting place for surfers and sailors, this beautiful beach of fine sand, surrounded by squares and period villas, the nautical center. Sailing offers you to devote yourself to Surfing, Paddle and sailing lessons.
You can also enjoy the terraces of bars and restaurants for all tastes and for all prices.
● La plage du Platin : A fine sandy beach of great beauty, with an idyllic view over, the plaice, the rocks, and the lighthouse of Terre-Nègre, a haven of peace, bordered by the path of the customs officers.
● La Grande Côte beach: Stop on foot, by bike or by car on this beach of several kilometers of fine sand, dunes, and pine forest. You can sunbathe, play, fish, horseback ride, ride a beach bike, or play explorers around the World War II blockhouses. The beach is supervised in summer, you can also stop on the terraces of cafés and restaurants.
● La plage du Concié : A small cove, with a bewitching view over the squares that only the most adventurous can find…
Good to know:
● Camping*** Les Pins is located only 2.5 km from the beach.
● Each of the 5 beaches of Saint-Palais-sur-Mer is connected to Le Sentier des Douaniers, a walkway suitable for strolling.
● Saint-Palais-sur-Mer benefits from the “Bathing water quality approach” label.